My company writes software for the communications systems used by many broadcasters, including NBC, who use a large system for covering the Olympics. This is my 5th trip to the Olympics providing support to NBC inside the IBC, and these are my ramblings on what's going on in Torino and at the Games.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Torino - Hockey Night in Torino!

Tony, who's mountain venue photos are featured in the post below this, had two tickets to the Russia vs. Slovakia Men's Hockey game last night at Torinio Esposizioni ice rink, for himself and his friend and co-worker Nick (who is visiting from Las Vegas). Since Tony can get into any venue using his RTb Olympic accreditation (I have only RTc, which limits me to the IBC), Tony offered the second ticket to me, and then joined Nick and I by coming in through the broadcast compound entrance. Here's me outside the venue...

Esposizioni

We discovered that we had pretty good seats, in the 5th row, on the goal line, which was pretty close to the action...

Hockey

The game was very close, tied 3-3 late in the 3rd period, before Slovakia scored with a few minutes remaining, and then again as Russia was trying to pull their goalie. Since we were embedded in a pro-Slovakian section, we decided it would be prudent to cheer for the Slovakians...

Fans

At ice level, down in the corner where we were located, they also had the sideline reporters, some cameras, and of course, the Olympic Mascots - Neve and Gliz...

Mascots

It was a great game, even more so since they asked me to sing the national anthems...

Anthem

Incredibly, today I was offered two tickets to the Men's Figure Skating final tonight! I've invited Tony and Nick to join me (with Tony using his credential to get access again). More on that tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home