My company writes software for the communications systems used by many broadcasters, including NBC, who use a large system for covering the Olympics. This is my 5th trip to the Olympics providing support to NBC inside the IBC, and these are my ramblings on what's going on in Torino and at the Games.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Torino - Our First Medal!

Hurray!

Canadian Jennifer Heil won gold in the women's Moguls this afternoon!

The women's Hockey team is playing Italy as I write this, and it is 4-0 after only 7 minutes in the first period.

Caroline Outlette has a hat-trick already. I hope we don't clobber the host country too badly. You want the fans on your side for later games.

Ok, they scored again while I wasn't looking, it is now 5-0, I better wrap this up or I'll never get to finish it.

Update: The final score was 16-0! I stepped out of the room to grab a snack and a coke, and I missed 4 goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home