My company writes software for the communications systems used by many broadcasters, including NBC, who use a large system for covering the Olympics. This is my 5th trip to the Olympics providing support to NBC inside the IBC, and these are my ramblings on what's going on in Torino and at the Games.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Torino - The Media Village

I had mentioned earlier that the Riberi Media Village was an interesting looking building. I have a couple of photos that I think illustrate this. The complex is U-shaped, with a another building sitting across the top of the U. The interior is a courtyard with some trees (including a palm), and a dirt field (that I suspect will be sodded in the spring). The actual rooms are in buildings which branch off the sides of the U-shaped glass corridor. Here is a picture, taken from the courtyard, that shows the glass hallway and the entrance to my building...

Media Village

If you walk up the steps to the building, you can turn around and see the courtyard, and the other sides of the U-shaped structure (note the palm tree in the left corner)...

Court Yard

Stepping inside, here is a view down the glass hallway towards the Media Village cafeteria and bar (which are in the bottom of the U)...

Hall

You can actually walk on top of the glass hallway if you go up to the second floor, which would be nice in the summer I'm sure. You can see how high the ceilings are in the hallway, and the rooms are the same (they must be 12 feet high!).

Ciao, for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home